PubMatic, the programmatic advertising platform company for leading publishers, today released its latest whitepaper, titled “Getting the Most Out of Mobile: 5 Ways to Maximize the Value of Premium Publisher Mobile Ad Inventory.” For the first time, PubMatic has quantified the benefits that publishers experience when they enrich their mobile impressions by adding highly sought-after data parameters such as location (latitude and longitude) and device ID (Android ID or Apple’s IDFA).
The whitepaper examines the challenges that publishers face in the increasingly complex mobile advertising ecosystem and outlines best practices for maximizing the return on a publisher’s mobile inventory. This report comes as PubMatic has experienced significant growth in the mobile market first hand. The company’s mobile SSP revenue has grown significantly from 5.5% of the company’s overall revenue in 2013 to now 10%.
The whitepaper is authored by Evan Neufeld, former VP and Senior Analyst in Mobile at comScore, Inc., and draws its insights from a combination of third-party research as well as proprietary data from PubMatic.
Highlights from the whitepaper include:
- The addition of inferred location data to mobile impressions produces a 20% to 40% increase in CPMs for publishers passing these enriched mobile impressions;
- The addition of latitude and longitude data to mobile impressions can increase eCPMs by up to 124%;
- The addition of both device ID and latitude and longitude data to mobile impressions can increase eCPMs by 275%;
- Mobile app inventory monetizes 30-50% higher than mobile web inventory;
- Effective options do exist for better monetizing mobile web traffic for publishers for whom there are limited benefits in developing mobile apps.
“Getting the Most Out of Mobile: 5 Ways to Maximize the Value of Premium Publisher Mobile Ad Inventory” is the first in an ongoing series of Mobile Point of View (mPOV) studies that PubMatic will produce over the next several months. To download the free report, visit: pubmatic.com/mobile-whitepaper
PubMatic is a technology platform that powers the programmatic advertising strategy of leading publishers and premium brands. Our innovative solutions help content providers drive the highest value for their digital media assets and provide consumers with a more personalized advertising experience across display, mobile and video. PubMatic’s One Platform, proprietary technology and advanced mobile capabilities are utilized by a global roster of comScore publishers. Pioneering online auctions for the buying and selling of media through Real-Time Bidding (RTB) and Private Marketplace (PMP), the company also works with hundreds of advertising partners. Ranked by Deloitte as one of the fastest growing companies in the US Internet sector in both 2012 and 2013, PubMatic has offices worldwide with headquarters in Redwood City, California.