Ensighten, the leading global omni-channel data and tag management provider, today announced that it has raised $53 million in debt and equity financing to further its mission of helping global brands simplify their customer data operations and drive more intelligent interactions based on a single view of the customer. Existing investors Insight Venture Partners, Lead Edge Capital, Mack Capital and Volition Capital led the new funding round, with participation from Silicon Valley Bank (NASDAQ: SIVB).
The fresh capital will be used to accelerate innovation and sales of Ensighten’s omni-channel customer data platform, which is comprised of enterprise tag management, mobile app deployment and optimization, and customer profile creation and activation. Ensighten is the recognized global leader in enterprise tag management by revenue, and the only vendor to offer a comprehensive, independent platform for deploying third-party technologies on mobile apps, as well as optimizing mobile app experiences. Combined with its differentiators in data privacy and governance, and its unique ability to handle marketing use cases at any level of global sophistication, Ensighten has seen a banner year in 2015, adding such customers as Christopher & Banks, Citibank, Coca-Cola, Colgate-Palmolive, Delta Air Lines, HD Supply, M7, Nationwide, PayPal and SunTrust Bank.
“Ensighten helps some of the biggest brands in the world transform their marketing operations by making it easy to leverage their most prized asset: customer data,” said Nikitas Koutoupes, Managing Director at Insight Ventures Partners. “We are excited to have the opportunity to further our investment in Ensighten, which plays a highly strategic and foundational role within the marketing data infrastructure of its global brands.”
Year-to-date financial, operational and product innovation highlights include:
- Ranking within the Inc. 500 for the second consecutive year, with sales growth of 1,012 percent over the last three years thanks to a surge in customer growth and retention. Inc. Magazine’s exclusive list showcases the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
- Rapid overseas growth and investment, including the appointment of industry veteran Ian Woolley as the general manager of EMEA.
- The launch of a patented, real-time, no-SDK mobile app optimization and deployment platform that helps marketers and mobile teams deliver greater ROI by boosting in-app customer conversion, engagement and loyalty without having to ever repeat the app certification process.
- Enhanced data privacy and security capabilities, providing global, multi-national corporations unprecedented control over how customer data is collected and exchanged over digital channels.
- Upgrades to the company’s market-leading enterprise tag management system, Ensighten Manage, and its unified customer profile management solution, Ensighten Activate, including the creation of an open API for sending rich customer data to key marketing execution systems.
- The launch of nearly 1,000 turnkey digital marketing vendor integrations, including all go-to applications spanning analytics, advertising, e-mail, marketing automation, personalization, search and many more. These seamless integrations give Ensighten one of the largest ecosystem footprints in the industry.
- The successful launch of AGILITY 2015, the company’s global annual user conference, which attracted 700+ attendees and record vendor partner participation, and featured more than 40 customer speakers, including HP, Home Depot, CDW, E-Trade, Fidelity, TD Bank, Symantec and Viacom. Ensighten is also in the midst of a sold-outmulti-city user tour, featuring customer speakers such as Coca-Cola, Delta Air Lines, TUI, United Airlines and many more.
“Ensighten’s momentum and success in addressing enterprise-level challenges around data management and unification made this an easy decision,” said Larry Cheng, Managing Partner at Volition Capital. “We were impressed by the growing pedigree of global brands, the vision and the experience of the management team.”
“Impressive revenue growth along with extremely high customer satisfaction levels make Ensighten an exciting company for us to partner with,” said Joe Restagno, Managing Director for Silicon Valley Bank. “This financing is a testament to Ensighten’s momentum, and we look forward to helping the team to deliver on its mission.”
“We are grateful to our investment partners for this new financing, which will be used to aggressively fund product innovation, global sales, customer support and other key growth objectives,” said Josh Manion, Chief Executive Officer of Ensighten. “We are also thankful to our many customers and partners for their continued trust in us serving as their centralized customer data platform for fueling their omni-channel marketing initiatives.”
Ensighten, the global leader in omni-channel data and tag management, is changing the face of digital marketing by transforming the way enterprises collect, own and act on their customer data across all marketing channels and devices. The Ensighten Open Marketing Platform enables enterprises to achieve true one-to-one personalization, accelerate the execution and optimization of their marketing initiatives and deliver superior user experiences. Ensighten, with its unique hybrid-tagging™ technology, powers companies generating over $1.9 trillion in revenue in over 150 countries. The world’s leading brands (Microsoft, Capital One, United Airlines and T-Mobile) achieve marketing agility by implementing Ensighten’s single line of code. Ensighten is headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley in San Jose, with offices in San Diego, London and Sydney. To learn more visit www.ensighten.com, and join the conversation on LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/ensighten) and Twitter (@ensighten).
About Insight Venture Partners
Insight Venture Partners is a leading global venture capital and private equity firm investing in high-growth technology and software companies that are driving transformative change in their industries. Founded in 1995, Insight has raised more than $13 billion and invested in more than 250 companies worldwide. Our mission is to find, fund and work successfully with visionary executives providing them with practical, hands-on growth expertise to foster long-term success. For more information on Insight and all of its investments, visit http://www.insightpartners.com or follow us on Twitter: @insightpartners.
About Silicon Valley Bank
For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers around the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators. Forbes named SVB one of America’s best banks (2015) and one of America’s best-managed companies (2014). Learn more at svb.com.
Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary and commercial banking operation of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB), and a member of the FDIC. Silicon Valley Bank and SVB Financial Group are members of the Federal Reserve System.