YuMe, Inc. (NYSE: YUME), the global audience technology company powered by data-driven insights and multi-screen expertise, today announced the availability of an immersive 360 degree video ad format for brands and advertisers.
Consumers can connect with brands on their own terms by controlling the ad experience through swiping or moving their mobile device for realistic and immersive product interaction. The mobile experience powered by Celtra’s 360° Video ad format is one of the first in the industry, bringing immersive, interactive ad experiences previously not available with traditional two-dimensional video.
“With mobile virtual reality (“VR”) set to eclipse desktop, we’re excited to be one of the first in the industry to offer our clients the ability to immerse their customers in a highly interactive and engaging branded video experience – available through the power and ease of our SDK,” said Mike O’Donnell, Senior Vice President North American Sales, YuMe. “Clients are able to gain insights into how their customers engage through metrics unique to 360 degree video, which is important for managing campaign objectives and KPIs. This includes tracking engagement based on where the user is looking in the panoramic field of view.”
According to Deloitte Global, VR will have its first billion dollar year in 2016, with about $700 million in hardware sales, and the remainder from content, while Digi-Capital forecasts that augmented reality (AR) combined with VR could hit $150 billion in revenue by 2020, with AR taking the lion’s share around $120 billion and VR at $30 billion.
The key benefits of YuMe’s 360 degree video ad unit include:
- Delivers immersive ad experience at scale without the need for a dedicated app to view the ad
- Customizable format, allowing advertisers to add their own animated introduction, branded overlays, click to action, and image galleries
- IAB-compliant standard ad format can be viewed on mobile apps via YuMe’s SDK and Celtra’s 360° Video technology to enhance scale
- New reporting metrics on how customers interact with brand creative to attain key learnings and drive campaign objectives
- For example, tracking what area of the video a user viewed throughout the duration of an ad experience (i.e., tracks the ‘quadrant’ of the panoramic field of view – 90º/180º/270º/360º)
YuMe, Inc. (NYSE: YUME) is a leading provider of global audience technologies, curating relationships between brand advertisers and consumers of premium video content across a growing range of connected devices. Combining data-driven technologies with deep insight into audience behavior, YuMe offers brand advertisers end-to-end marketing software that establishes greater brand resonance with engaged consumers. It is the evolution of brand advertising for an ever-expanding video ecosystem. YuMe is headquartered in Redwood City, California, with worldwide offices. For more information, visit www.YuMe.com/pr, follow @YuMevideo and like YuMe on Facebook.