Tapad, the leader in cross-device marketing technology, has announced the launch of TV Pulse, a unified, cross-device measurement capability leveraging linear TV data. Tapad has secured this linear TV data through a partnership with a first-party data supplier.
By leveraging The Tapad Device Graph™, marketers can now accomplish two important goals. They can:
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns across all screens, including those aired within linear TV programming
- Measure cross-device, digital campaign impact on traditional TV viewership
Tapad is the first-and-only company to establish a connection with television hardware and digital advertising.
“Television has long lived in its own ecosystem, leaving marketers to question where it fits in a holistic, cross-screen strategy,” said Tapad founder and CEO, Are Traasdahl. “TV Pulse is our answer to that question. Marketers can now have a truly unified view into their campaigns – a crucial advantage in today’s data-driven marketing mix.”
Mediahub, a full-service media agency based in Boston, Los Angeles and Winston-Salem, has signed on as Tapad’s first client to implement TV Pulse.
“Television advertising is a crucial portion of the marketing mix for our clients,” said Laurel Boyd, VP, Group Digital Media Director at Mediahub. “The ability to leverage cross-device insights through linear TV data is a huge value-add in understanding the effectiveness of campaigns. We’re thrilled to extend our relationship with Tapad and begin use of this innovative tool.”
Digital Marketing – How it Works:
- A television campaign is launched
- Tapad, using it’s proprietary Device Graph, identifies additional devices related to the same viewer/viewers with 91.2% accuracy*
- Tapad then demonstrates which actions taken on devices (computer, tablet, mobile, etc.) were driven by the TV ad (i.e., when an ad shown on TV motivates someone to download an application, engage with content, watch an online video, etc.)
- In action: A viewer tunes in to the Channel 4 news on Friday night and sees a television ad promoting a new local ski-resort. The viewer then uses a tablet to visit the ski-resort’s website and purchase a ski-pass. Tapad can now provide insights to the ski-resort on the effectiveness of their television campaign in driving this conversion.
Driving Tune-In – How it Works:
- A digital campaign is launched to promote an upcoming television event (premiere, pay-per-view content, sporting event, etc.)
- Tapad, using its proprietary Device Graph and Unify Platform, determines if the digitally-delivered ad for the program and the program itself had the same viewer.
- In action: While browsing the web on a mobile device, a user sees an ad promoting the season premiere of True Detective. The same viewer watches the premiere. Tapad can now provide the advertiser insights on the effectiveness of their digital campaign in driving that viewership.
Tapad Inc. is a marketing technology firm renowned for its breakthrough, unified, cross-device solutions. With 91.2% data accuracy confirmed by Nielsen, the company offers the largest in-market opportunity for marketers to address the ever-evolving reality of media consumption on smartphones, tablets, home computers and smart TVs. Deployed by agency trading desks, publishers, marketing technology companies and numerous Fortune 500 brands, Tapad provides an accurate, unified approach to connecting with consumers across screens. Backed by major venture firms, Tapad is based in New York and has offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Frankfurt, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, San Francisco and Toronto. TechCrunch called the powerhouse Tapad team “a hell of a list of entrepreneurs who created some of the most valuable online advertising companies of the last decade.”